Here’s the thing…I love the idea of spaghetti squash more than I enjoy the vegetable itself. I like it for the first few bites, then the texture largely becomes unappealing.
Yet I buy the vegetable again and again, hoping to reinvent it in a way that keeps it interesting for me.
This time, I decided to make some patties! They’re wonderful on their own or with some chimichurri drizzled on top (although let’s be honest, chimichurri just makes everything better).
Hope you make this super simple recipe and enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Patties
1 small spaghetti squash or 1.5-2 cups spaghetti squash strands
2 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 TB Primal Palate Adobo seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half, scrape out the seeds, then rub 1-2 teaspoons olive oil into each half and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place onto a lined cookie sheet and bake in oven for 40 minutes, or until the top feels soft/you can easily insert a fork through the skin.
- Once cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape the strands out of the spaghetti squash halves, and measure 1.5-2 cups strands into a medium-sized bowl.
- Alternatively, you could roast/steam/microwave your spaghetti squash according to your own preferences, then use 1.5-2 cups of the strands for the patties.
- In a small bowl, crack the eggs, being careful to not leave any shell behind, and whisk them gently to scramble.
- Add eggs to the spaghetti squash, along with coconut flour and Adobo seasoning.
- Form the dough into balls then press down with your hands to form patties. This recipe will make approximately 15-16 patties.
- Heat a skillet on low heat (low heat is important here because it will allow the patties to cook through and brown without burning).
- Add 1 TB olive oil, then add patties to the pan, cooking until browned on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side). Carefully flip the patties to ensure they don’t fall apart. You’ll likely cook the patties in 3 batches of 5 at a time. Be sure to add 1 TB olive oil to the pan for each new batch.
- Serve! Try not to eat them all in one sitting.
-These patties will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
-If you don’t have Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning, feel free to use your favorite spice blend, just adjust salt as necessary.