Easy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
1 large or 2 medium/small sweet potatoes, orange or white
Seasoning of choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges by cutting in half width-wise (think hamburger vs. hot dog), holding each half cut-side down and cutting into approximately 4-5 thick slices, then cutting each slice into 4 wedges.
- Toss wedges with 2 TB avocado oil in a large bowl.
- Add desired seasonings and toss again to coat wedges evenly.
- Add wedges to a grid baking rack*, assembling in a single layer.
- Be sure not to overcrowd the rack, leaving a little space in between each wedge. Otherwise they will steam and not roast. Roasting = crunch factor.
- I put my baking rack over a baking sheet to catch any potential drips. I recommend you do this too.
- Place into oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, checking for doneness at 45 minutes. They’re done when they are lightly browned and crispy!
- Eat up, buttercup!
-These keep well in the fridge for up to 1 week and can easily be reheated in the oven or crisped back up on a skillet.
-I used Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning and love it for this recipe, but you can use any seasonings you’d like. A simple sprinkle of salt and pepper would be divine!
-A grid baking rack* is essential to getting that perfect crisp without having to flip them because they cook evenly the whole time. If you don’t have one, then flip the wedges at the halfway point to ensure that they evenly brown on both sides.