Looking for a convenient breakfast item that has both protein and veggies? One that you can batch cook, heat up, then take with you when you’re on the run? Look no further. These breakfast patties are filling and delicious. Not to mention they’re pretty, and it’s been scientifically proven (I’m assuming) that pretty foods taste better.
Make these at the beginning of the week and eat all week, or freeze and heat up when you’re short on time and need something quick and easy for breakfast!
Gemstone Breakfast Patties
-2 pounds ground pork
-1/2 medium onion, diced
-3 cups spinach
-3/4 cup chopped purple cabbage
-1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
-2 tbsp Primal Palate Breakfast Blend
-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Sauté the diced onion in the oil until translucent, 1-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and sauté until starting to soften, 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, add ground pork, seasoning, and maple syrup.
- Mix well to combine.
- Form in 24 patties.
- Cook as preferred until the patties reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- To sauté (preferred method): Heat a pan or skillet at medium heat. No need to add any oil or cooking fat because the pork will release its own fat as it cooks. Add patties in batches of 6-8 (or however many you can fit without overcrowding the pan). Cook on each side for 8-10 minutes, or until the patties are browned and fully cooked through.
- To bake: Add to a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 400°F, carefully flipping halfway through. Check the temperature and add 5 minutes as necessary.
- To grill: Grill with direct heat on high for approximately 5 minutes per side, checking the temperature to ensure doneness.
- Cool on paper towels to soak up extra grease from pork.
-These will last for 5-6 days in the refrigerator or approximately 4-6 months in the freezer.