Roasted Beets with Mint
Beets (any variety; I used golden beets)
Chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Trim stems from beets and scrub clean, then blot dry.
- Tip: Save the beet greens and sauté them in some olive oil with sea salt for a nutrient dense, delicious side.
- Drizzle beets with olive oil and wrap individually in foil.
- Carefully place into preheated oven and roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Test after this time. Remove one beet and pierce it with a fork to check its doneness. The fork should insert easily (like you’re sticking it into softened butter). If not, roast for an additional 30 minutes or as needed.
- Remove from oven, carefully remove foil, and VERY carefully peel beets (they will be extremely hot). I held them in place with a fork and used a spoon to peel them. The skin will come off very easily.
- Thinly slice and drizzle with additional olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and chopped fresh mint.
- Eat it all.
- Don’t share.