I eat this roasted cabbage at least once a week. It’s currently my favorite vegetable and my favorite way to eat it. It’s so easy, comes together quickly, and the taste will completely blow you away. That crispy texture, the caramelization, the browned garlic…all of it.
Here’s just a few plates that are evidence of how often I make, eat, and love this cabbage:
So vibrant and perfect every single time. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Garlicky Roasted Cabbage
1/2 head cabbage
6 cloves garlic, minced
Avocado oil or olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Carefully slice the tough core out of the cabbage, then slice cabbage into 1/4-1/2inch slices (give or take, thin but sturdy enough to stay together).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay the cabbage slices onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Don’t forget those little pieces that fall off when you sliced the cabbage–throw them on the pan too because they’re the best part!
- Top the cabbage in this order: minced garlic (spread out evenly so it doesn’t burn), avocado oil or olive oil (a spray works really well here if you have one), salt, and pepper.
- Roast at 375 until browned, about 30-35 minutes.
- Enjoy, and try not to eat it all straight from the pan!
-Best enjoyed immediately, but if you have leftovers they will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. I recommend crisping them back up on a skillet on the stove.
-Feel free to mix up the seasonings if you want. I added smoked paprika and used garlic powder when I made this for a client and it was loved by all!