Herb & Garlic Roasted Pecans
3 cups raw pecan halves
2 TB finely chopped fresh herbs*
2 TB olive oil
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients. Use your hands to mix well and ensure that pecans are evenly coated.
- Spread onto a parchment or silicone mat-lined baking sheet in a single layer. You don’t have to be too picky here; just make sure they’re spread out.
- Carefully place into the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix the pecans.
- Place back into the oven for another 7 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool completely, and store in an airtight container for up to 7 days at room temperature.
- Enjoy! Use as a yummy garnish to balance salads, soups, stews, whole or chopped; grind and use to bread chicken or fish; or use as an emergency snack.
-I used a combination of Rosemary and thyme, but use whatever you have on hand. Dill, chives, tarragon, or mint would be fantastic here too!